Monday, January 5, 2009

And Yet More...

This child's hat is made from a similar yarn to those in the previous post. I found it in a discontinued bin at the yarn store, unfortunately as everything I made with it was very popular and I can't get any more. This is the last one left. It is acrylic with wool trim so it still needs to be washed by hand and laid flat to dry. It fits a 19 - 20 inch head.
$10.00

SOLD



This next hat is very fun. The plain pink yarn is wool and the fun, blobby stuff is an wool/mohair blend. It can be pulled low to the eyes or it can be worn high on the forehead which creates a little peak as it is in this first picture, here. Not only fun, it is beautiful and warm. Double click on the smaller pictures to get a view of the top and the texture. As you can see it fits me comfortably which means it is for a BIG head. It fits 23 - 24 inches.
$30.00



And here is another fun hat. It is 100% wool and crocheted from Noro wool which is a Japanese brand. It is one of my favourites to work with. I just love the colours. This one is lined with light grey micro fleece to keep the wool from itching. Another large hat, it fits 22.5 - 23.5 inches.

Price reduced to $30.00

SOLD



This child's hat is crocheted from my ultimate favourite yarn - Lopi wool from Iceland. I love it so much that I bought Icelandic sheep last summer so I can have some of my very own. A friend of mine is spinning my first batch of fleece right now. Lopi wool has an extra long fibre which makes it lustrous. You can see the sheen even in this picture. It is very warm and lined with micro fleece for comfort. It fits 21 - 22 inches.
Price reduced to $30



No comments: